Friday, September 16, 2011

September 15, 2011

My forgotten blog has been rembered once again on the eve of my trans-continental bike tour. Brief catch up on my life; I'm nearly a college grad, argh, working as a behavioral health para-professional at the original wilderness therapy program, Anasazi, about to drop life as most people know it to ride my 27 speed surly long haul trucker from Santa Monica pier, California to St. Augustine, Florida. I dumped my blanket and boots wednesday night and loaded up my bike gear Thursday afternoon and headed off after a last supper graciously provided at my expense by Texas roadhouse. Then finally and suddenly I was sitting in the truck of a friend headed to our jump off point and that catches me up to now, my excitement only exceeded by nervousness. I can never help but be slightly terrified before jumping into the unknown but am comforted by the possibility of someone stumbling upon this blog and then offering millions of dollars to reproduce my life on the silver screen and then haunted again thinking of the outcomes of two of the more recent wilderness warrior films where one protagonist removed a limb and the other starved to death in a bus. Anyway adventure beckons and the call is to irresistible to ignore.

No comments: