Monday, March 15, 2010

Fishing for marlin with a bear. Wait, is that right?


So I have alluded recently in the past to an upcoming trip in AK. Well to the uninformed this trip will commence actually in Canada (I know, I will probably hold my breath the whole time until back in America) and then will continue down the Yukon until we reach the Pacific Ocean. This is real deal, huge, man-eating, scary, bear country. So since I'll be living among these beautiful beasts and since they have huge claws, teeth, and muscles not to mention super human smell and heat vision, (I may have made up that last one) I thought it would only be fair if I evened up the playing field a little bit by taking along a new friend of mine. Although we have yet to be officially introduced I'm sure we will get along fine.
Her measurements are:
Caliber 45-70
Barrel 18 inches
Capacity 4+1
Beautiful isn't she? So to people that may not be as gun savvy as others the 45-70 is a little smaller bullet than the one used by Tom Selleck's Character in "Quigley Down Under." Quigley used a 45-110 and this is a 45-70 (think of getting hit by a train with 11 cars behind it rather than just 7.) The 45 is the next size down from the 50 caliber. Even with my new friend I think I would rather still just not see any bears. They are big and scary.

5 comments:

Myke said...

I love Tom Selleck. What a man. I think you should make it a goal to mention Tom Selleck in every post. I'll do it if you do it.

Christian said...

You got yourself a deal.

Lynda Donkin said...

I'm excited for you boy. Just think of the huge holes you can make in the heads of all those Zombie Bastard Bears.....(Or real bears).

Lynda Donkin said...

That last comment was left by your Uncle Wes.

Jess Mac said...

Oh, Butch, I'm so proud of you. I hope you don't have to use your friend, but if you did your living room would always look a lot cooler.