Tuesday, March 2, 2010

As the snow around town kind of starts to melt and the snow up at the resorts turns more and more into ice, the obvious signs of spring are evident. As much as I have loved this winter I am pretty super stoked for summer. So now for my top ten reasons I'm looking forward to summer.

10. Growing an enormous BYU-I unapproved mustache
9. Chacos
8. Listening to the rain with the door open
7. Camping all the time
6. Not wearing full length pants
5. Not wearing shirts
4. Finding ridiculous sunglasses and never taking them off
3. Running shorts (mine are shamefully short)
2. The way the air feels late at night
1. Oh did I mention that I'm going to ALASKA!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!

But as the joys of spring/summer approach I can't forget the happiness that comes with winter like...

10. Wearing wool almost constantly
9. Building snow caves
8. Sleeping in snow caves
7. The cold on the only part of my exposed face below my goggles and above my scarf
6. Hot chocolate
5. Talking to people on ski lifts
4. Watching people slip and fall on ice
3. Fresh new powder
2. Following beginner snowboarders
1. Watching everyone hiding from the cold in their houses and packing my skis out for another day of skiing

3 comments:

Myke said...

I love shamefully short running shorts.

steinbeigle said...

Man...I'm excited for chacos too. Kinda...

Andy Donkin said...

You've made me hate New York anew